Vista Speech Recognition

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peter2150, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I do not know, if I have to laugh or to cry, but I had the same experience. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am glad that Nuance released version 9.5 for Vista, I will try it as soon as I can.
    Voice recognition is supposed to spare time, not the opposite. Nuance's flash demo.

3. Peter2150

I use Dragon Speech, and it is downright remarkable. It has even learned non english names, once they have been spelled. It is how good it is that make the Vista demo laughable. Got to wonder if they tested it very well.

4. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Is that a spoof or for real ?

Whichever, it is funny. The guy's frustration !! :D :D

5. Peter2150

Never can be totally sure, but I got the link from the Langa list letter. It was a follow up to the live demo which MS did, and I guess thats about what actually happened.

6. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I tried out voice recognition software a while back. Don't remember exactly what app it was, but probably still have it somewhere. Didn't have any practical use for it at the time. Just thought it would be fun, being able to perform tasks, (and a few jokes) with voice commands. The software I was using had to be trained to your voice, reading to the PC. Part way thru the training, I decided that I was not going to sit there and talk to a PC. Felt like I was talking to myself, not that Windows won't make you do that occasionally anyway. Even with what little training it had on mine, it didn't give me near the problems that guy had. I couldn't believe that he still titled it "that was easy".
    Rick

7. Peter2150

For a lot of things it is easier to type, but I keep some books, and filling in certain forms, it's a drag to keep your place on a report, type a number and be checking what you type. Dragon Speech makes that much easier, and it is amazingly accurate. I even use it with a movie on and the sound up, and it does fine. But it's a really refined product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.