Vista SP1 is it released?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chaos16, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

So is the final version of Vista SP1 released?

Or we have to wait till it comes out in march in windows update?

is the version that is out already the same as the one that is gonna be released in march in windows update?

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi chaos16
    On February 4, 2008 Windows Vista Service Pack 1 was released to manufacturing. TechNet Plus subscribers can now access Windows Vista SP1 as a standalone update or integrated with Windows Vista SP1.
    It is expected that it will be available to the general public in march. Frequently Asked Questions can be found here
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb972745.aspx

3. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Having downloaded & installed Vista SP1 last week, I can't see any material differences for the life of me! :gack:

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

There are not many visual changes as most of it is under the hood. This TechNet article describes the changes.

MS has released a list of programs that will be affected by SP1. Most of these are kind of obscure and most have patches already. It is not like when XP SP2 came out with more common programs that were affected.

SP1 is running fine on both of my machines. I am in the process of getting a copy of the MSDN Vista SP1 integrated ISO for future installs.

5. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

so if i download sp1 now this will be the same as the one that is coming out in march?

so its safe to download this version now?

if it is can someone give me a link pls

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sent you a pm... fyi the same version as available as rtm is available directly through windows update with the right reg keys added...=) and yes the version that you get is the sane as the one one on msdn

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.