Vista SP1 install possibly froze up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WigglyTheGreat, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

While installing sp1 to my new laptop it reported that it needed 3 updates and it got to the last one and says 100% installed but then it never reboots or goes further it is stuck there I think. It has been 3 hours just sitting there. I guess later on I just have to shut it down manually and see what the deal is. Probably turn into a blue screen nightmare with my luck. Really annoying.

2. WigglyTheGreat

Nevermind I just checked it again and finally 4 hours later it finished I guess as it was at the login screen. It says service pack 1 under system info anyway so I guess it took. Be interesting to see if there are any issues. No idea why it took so long with a core 2 duo and 3gb of ram.

3. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I gave up after about 1 hour of staring at a single message on a blank screen.
    Something like: !!0xc09000 HelpPane.exe!!

I wrote it down, but don't have it with me. Maybe I just gave up too soon ?

Seems odd !

4. WigglyTheGreat

I don't know about that RAD as I never got any error message it just seemed to take forever to install.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

My install went OK . I also deployed SP3 RC2 for XP on two computers and all is fine . I used Windows Update for SP1 .

I have no issues and it has been 24 hours since I installed it - very happy . Copy process is really faster than without and my start-up is much more faster than it used to be (even though I have added a few more start-ups)

6. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

My Vista Ultimate (almost clean install) also took around 4hrs to install (from Windows update). After initial reboot, it said Stage 3 100% complete for ages with some minor and at time major disc activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.