Vista . . Rebooting after True Image Recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jedinite, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinite

jedinite Registered Member

Using TI 10.0 4942 in Vista Home Premium. I have used TI recovery a few times in XP and did not have this problem....... Everything runs fine in the making of the backup image that I store on a second hard drive. When I select recovery all works fine as the computer reboots and loads the image. The problem happens when it reboots after loading the image and it ends up in the Windows Error Recovery Screen. There you select normal startup , safe-mode etc... I select normal and it goes on to the Vista log in. Does anyone know why it is going thru that recovery screen first?
    Thanks
    jedinite

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

When you select the recovery screen the first time and the system boots, when you reboot does it still go to the recovery screen? If it does try making the image using the bootable CD media then also do the Recovery with the CD media.

3. jedinite

You select recovery in TI. Tell the program where stored image is and then it will tell you it will need to reboot. It reboots and the recovery proccess begins. When it has finished it reboots automatically and you end up at the windows error recovery screen. The only time it goes to the windows error recovery screen is after recovery takes place and TI reboots. This only happens with Vista. XP would not do this. The only thing that is different is Vista.

4. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

I have experienced the same in Vista business. While it is annoying, it is harmless, and my assumption is that a flag is not set properly for the first boot.
    Steve

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that when an image is created from within Windows (Windows is active), and then restored, on the first boot Windows behaves as if it was shut incorrectly. That effect is avoided if the image is created using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. jedinite

Thanks for the reply.

The second reboot after the operation of restoring is completed is when it goes to the windows error recovery screen.

In XP this never happened. It should take us to windows log in screen not a error recovery screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.