Vista Ram Oblivion

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I was wondering if 3 gigs ram(5300 DDR2) on a AMD 64 x2 would do very well driving Oblivion........i would run Res around 1680x1050 with all Oblivion tweaks turned on e.g. HDR......PSU is Antec SP 500

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

What card?

3. bombing

bombing Registered Member

I've played Oblivion some time ago as well as Shivering Isles expansion and the Knigths one also :D

At that rez it's not the RAM that counts... 2 gigs on XP is enough for everything. What you need is a high-end graphics card. With all the eye candy at that rez good luck when playing outside the caves... I figure some 8800GTX on SLI will do it... outside don't expect much more than an average 30-35 FPS!!! Then again, you may also need a new CPU... it's a bottleneck to that SLI setup, but maybe it will do. Yes, it's that demanding... and don't count too much on overclocking since the game will crash the rig easily. Oblivion is probably one of the best stability tests I've found in a long time!

At 1600x1280 the 8800s should work just better. It's a wonderful game, one of the best... ever... I was addicted for months lol.

Enjoy

4. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Yes, it would help if you guys knew what card i am using.....7900GT & Vista 32 bit....played it on xp with less ram and with a P4 around 3.1 gigs....smooth....OC with Cool Bits( will not work w/Vista) and had all the eye candy turned on.....some artifacting on the Vista rig ....162.22 drivers..understand problem MIGHT be bios....thought i would post here, as there is always someone with the knowledge..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.