VISTA not listed in OS Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by theboar, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theboar

theboar Registered Member

hello. I'm using OS Selector. I recently installed Windows Vista Beta as my second OS to back up my default install of Windows XP Media Edition. My problem is that Vista is not listen in my OS Selector when I boot my computer. Instead, the only OS listed my XP Media, and when I select XP Media my computer takes me to another OS manager (i think its the Window default manager) and from that menue I'm able to choose either XP Media or Vista. Is there a way I can eliminate this process all together and simply use OS Selector to boot either of the two OS's??

2. nuljet

nuljet Registered Member

Depending on how you installed it, Vista has probably put its boot files in your XP partition, and the second menu you see is Vista's bootloader. For XP and Vista as only os's on your system, it's sufficient, and you can let go of acronis os selector.

If you are still interested in forcing oss to recognize your Vista, there's a small hack here: Making Vista visible to Acronis OS Selector: A Simpler Solution
    But this works better when Vista is installed independently of other windows (eg by making the installation partition active before installing vista on it, so that vista's boot files stay in its own vista partition).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.