Vista Home Premium 64bit and True image 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by walgarin, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walgarin

walgarin Registered Member

HI

I just got my new Dell Laptop which has an AMD Turiion 64 bit

I created an image CD via XP pro

I then boot the laptop off of the CD did the steps to load full fill ver. Now it hangs when it say loading.

any help thx

2. walgarin

walgarin Registered Member

Vista Home Premium 32bit not 64 bit

It's a Dell 1521

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello walgarin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please check that you're using the latest build of the software? The latest build can be downloaded at our Updates Page.

You can also try the following workaround:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc (Full version);
    - Hit F11 key after the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and you get to the selection screen of the program;
    - After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet acpi=off noapic");
    - Click OK button.

If you're using the latest build and issue still exist then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

4. skypix

skypix Registered Member

Michael, I'm using a dual boot system (two separate hard drives, and months of problems getting to this point) with XP sp2 and Vista 64 bit.

Will build 8053 work on Vista 64 bit so I can restore my XP to a new hard drive? I'd rather do it in windows, from what I've read on the forum, than from the CD which seems to be rather time intensive.

Thank you for your help

JIm

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.