Vista firewall & defender active after 4.0.437 install

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by terradon, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I just did an uninstall of 4.0.417 and install of 4.0.437. Both ESS and Windows Firewall were active after installation. Windows Defender's realtime anti-malware was also active. Though I didn't notice any slowdown, I assume that both should be disabled and let ESS handle them. Defender does identify ESS as active for both areas.

It's been quite a while since I remember having to disable windows firewall and I don't think I've ever seen Defender's realtime anti-malware running at the same time as ESS. Am I just having a brain fart?:D

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have not seen any problems using Microsoft Windows Defender in combination with ESET Smart Security.

You can disable Windows' Firewall after installing ESET Smart Security; this is typically performed during installation, however, it can be done manually if the firewall is still running after the installation of ESET Smart Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. terradon

terradon Registered Member

Thanks. Vista's firewall was still running and I stopped it. The real time Defender settings looked much different than I remember. It must have changed with one of the many defender updates recently.

I didn't experience a problem, it just took me by surprise to see everything in Defender running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.