Vista Firewall connection at windows startup?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JohnnyDollar, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I have a broadband connection. I have noticed that after I started to use vista firewall with advanced security instead of a 3rd party firewall, that when windows first starts up it takes approx 30-60 seconds to connect online. If you open up eset during that time it has a ! next to antispyware and antivirus and some other apps will not open until I have a connection. The network icon in the notification area has an x and while it has that x I cant hardly do anything with most apps until connection is established. Is it renewing the IP address? Why cant I run any other programs correctly? Any suggestions?

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I also use the Vista firewall and, coming out of sleep mode or rebooting, it does take a minute for it to connect. I can't tell you why, since I don't really know, but wanted you to know it's not an isolated occurrence.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Correction. I can get online at startup with the x on the network icon but, eset has an ! on the antivirus and antispyware. Some apps will still not work until the x goes away, like nod32, everest, disk management etc.

4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I am starting to think it's not the firewall at all, because I turned it off and rebooted and it did the same thing.

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone I appreciate the help.

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I fixed the problem. HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service was hanging at startup. I changed it from automatic startup to automatic delay startup and it took of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.