Vista driver installation problem +

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

After removing the onboard video driver, rebooting and attempting to point the installer to my downloaded driver(s), one signed one not, Vista does not see driver. I have attemped this driver install in normal, safe and the Vista allow unsigned drivers options. Another thing is that Vista sees next to nothing that is burned on CD ROM and other storage. The stuff was burned via XP. I am able to uninstall the default video driver, but when i go through the motions of loading of my downloaded driver, Vista installs some preinstalled video driver for my 7900GT card that is called 7900GT/GTO or something like that. What the heck is going ono_O In the past i have downloded and installed many video drivers, using XP, without a problem.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Rainwalker

Hello WFS and thank you for responding...i am aware of Driver Sweeper, but have read a post wherein a mod posted the program made no differance...nonetheless i will give it a try....the driver versions i have been attempting to load are 162.22 and 163.44. Are you using Vista? I just this moment thought that i could try R. clicking on the driver file and Run as Administrator......maybe o_O

4. Rainwalker

5. WSFuser

I am running Vista x64 and 162.22, 163.44, and 163.67 all installed fine for me. I have a 6600GT though maybe thats a difference.

And about the filesize. They mixed it up, 43.7 MB is for the 64-bit driver. 30.8 is correct for 32-bit.

6. Rainwalker

OK.......so you don't know why i am having problems with not seeing, on Vista, the stuff i burned with XP, that i can see fine with XP ? Also, are you removing old driver in safe mode, scrubing with the driver cleaner, installing new driver and then rebooting into a normal mode( not rebooting allowing unsigned drivers to run ); all along keeping your card installed? As i have said, never had a problem with driver installation in XP.....and are you opening driver(s) with a r.click and admin privileges?.... thanks WSF

7. WSFuser

I just install my drivers on a clean install and I run the installer as is (I have UAC disabled and use the admin account).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.