Vista Domain identified as unauthenticated after sleep on E6400

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by themadprofessor, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themadprofessor

themadprofessor Registered Member

I am setting up Dell Latitude E6400 PCs with Vista Business loaded and am having the above issue.

If I let the laptop go to standby or hibernate the network is shown as <Domain_name>.local 2 unauthenticated.

This survives restarting the laptop. The only way to get the network back to showing the domain as authenticated is to un-install Smart Security, and then re-install it again.

I have just tested and without Smart Security installed I can standby or hibernate the laptop and when switched on again it will correctly identify the network as a Domain and share files/folders as specified.

The Latitude has the very latest drivers from the Dell website installed and we are using 3.0.684.0 version of Smart Security.

I regard this as a very serious defect in Smart Security as we upgraded from NOD32 precisely because we wanted these laptops to have a proper firewall integrated into the Anti Virus solution, and it seems that it will not survive the most common event in a laptop's life !!!

Come on please fix this.

Chris
    [​IMG]

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you try version 4? better firewall, detection and it has battery saving option for notebooks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.