Vista Domain identified as unauthenticated after sleep on E6400

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by themadprofessor, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themadprofessor

themadprofessor Registered Member

I am setting up Dell Latitude E6400 PCs with Vista Business loaded and am having the above issue.

If I let the laptop go to standby or hibernate the network is shown as <Domain_name>.local 2 unauthenticated.

This survives restarting the laptop. The only way to get the network back to showing the domain as authenticated is to un-install Smart Security, and then re-install it again.

I have just tested and without Smart Security installed I can standby or hibernate the laptop and when switched on again it will correctly identify the network as a Domain and share files/folders as specified.

The Latitude has the very latest drivers from the Dell website installed and we are using 3.0.684.0 version of Smart Security.

I regard this as a very serious defect in Smart Security as we upgraded from NOD32 precisely because we wanted these laptops to have a proper firewall integrated into the Anti Virus solution, and it seems that it will not survive the most common event in a laptop's life !!!

Come on please fix this.

Chris
    [​IMG]

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you try version 4? better firewall, detection and it has battery saving option for notebooks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.