Vista disappeared...maybe

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

When i installed a downloaded nvidia driver for vista i received a popup informing me the driver may not be compatable showed up. This driver came from a dependable site. Vista offered me the chance to use the Compatibility Wizard to tweak the driver so that it would work....i never really thought that would fix anything, but i was interested so i said ok.........the wizard did it's thing afterwhich a dialog box informed me that nothing could be done as the the OS was NOT VISTA o_O Has anyone seen this sort of thing before.....i was wondering if i got something unwanted in the driver download.....could not do a malware scan as i have not gone on line yet(for updates) and don't intend to for awhile...

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Did you do an upgrade to Vista or a clean install??

3. Rainwalker

Hello bigc.......factory installed

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would never upgrade any nvidia driver without having a good image or recovery option in place. I've tried upgrading my graphic's drivers(nvidia) and so far a perfect track record of having to restore the original setup.

Pete

5. Rainwalker

I have done it a number of times in the past(XP)and it always went well....i am sure though there is wisdom in what you say Peter, but how else are we to get the latest drivers?

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If my system is working as I expect, I don't bother. If I am really curious I run an image, update FDISR and then have at it. I've done this three times and each time rolled back.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.