Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by jordi.c, Nov 16, 2006.
Which of the following anti trojan software works problemless with Vista, BoClean and Ewido?
Boclean 4.22.002 works with Vista, although you may have to do the updates manually, Ewido doesn't yet but I'm sure it will by the time Vista is on the shop shelves.
I can tell u I cannot install Boclean under Vista.
Why don't you contact firstname.lastname@example.org?
Installed fine for me, make sure you have the latest version, 4.22.002, as I believe there were problems with earlier ones. You could try right clicking the Boclean install exe and selecting "Run as Administrator" and see if that does the trick.
Sorry for the late response.
I have installed Boclean with Administrator Privilige.
Installing goes great but the updater of boclean doesn't work with me in Vista.
Anybody knows how to solve the Updater of Boclean in Vista?
you must be using Vista RC2, the update problem is a fault with Vista RC2, it's broken and can't properly call up "child processes" owing to broken security settings, according to Kevin this has been fixed in final release version of Vista and apparently all works fine. In the meantime manual updates is the way to go.
TrojanHunter 4.6 appears to work fine, some problems may surface so we'd appreciate any bug reports to the support email
a-squared Free 2.5 BETA is now available through the beta online update.
To get the v 2.5 beta, please download a-squared Free 2.1 and turn on the Beta updates at the settings. Then run an update to get the new beta.
Download here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/
New and improved features:
- Non admin support: The scanner can be run with limited rights now, but it is still capable of scanning all folders on the disk, because the scan functionality was moved to a Windows Service that runs with system rights.
- Vista support: a-squared Free now runs also on Vista 32 and Vista 64. Important note for Vista users: If you install the version 2.1 setup, you have to run a-squared Free with admin rights (Right click - Run as admin). Otherwise the updater will not be able to update to version 2.5 beta!
- Extended cookie scan: The new scanner scans all user accounts for Tracking Cookies instead of only the current user account.
- New Anti-Malware Network: Detected heuristic files can be sent to the Anti-Malware Network for further analysis. This helps us to improve the scanner quality with the power of heuristics. False alerts can be quickly fixed and signatures for new malware can be provided much faster. You can choose to automatically deliver detected heuristic files (only heuristic files) at the update process, or manually transfer files via the quarantine. If you have a question to a specific file, you can enter a message and contact details to get a reply with a file analysis.
- Extended Quarantine: Files can be manually added to the quarantine. Quarantined files can be saved to a specific folder, e.g. to send them by email, as zipped secured file.
I hope NSClean wil also come with a Vista "Ready" Boclean otherwise I have to go to A-square
"Trojan Hunter" has worked and updated on every PC that I've tried it on, including Vista Ultimate.
The 30 day free trial is great for cleaning up suspect computers. I use it a lot to clean up "Dirty" computers for my customers.
After some revisions last year, Trojan Hunter now does incremental updates to keep the file size small and the time on line down to a minimum.
I'm now in my third year of subscribership with Trojan Hunter.
It's the only Security Software that I ever plunked down hard cold cash for.
It's just that good!
and why .. oh why does mister Mischel, owner and coder of Trojan Hunter, doesn't let the results of several independant tests be published?
Talking about comptability is one thing .. talking about good results and good independent tests is another thing ..
I've been a member for Trojan Hunter for 3 years either (way before you I guess) and I have serious doubts about that man's integrity ..
p.s. for the record ((I've stopped using TH for 2 years now .. those tests issues (last year) weren't the only laughs I had ..))
Separate names with a comma.