Vista BSOD With ESS 3.0.621

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by awesome1, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesome1

awesome1 Registered Member

I have been using NOD32 AV 3.0.621 with Outpost V6 & was so impressed with NOD (having come from KAV!) that i went & tried ESS 3.0.621 with a totally restored factory shipped software on my hewlett Packard laptop. I did all the full Vista updates & then installed ESS and then when i rebooted i got the BSOD but because Vista asked me if i wanted to get solutions to the BSOD I clicked yes & it immediately restored my laptop to the point of Pre-installation of ESS so I never got the dump file or error? Has anyone else experienced this BSOD with ESS? No problems with the AntiVirus version all is working really well? :doubt:

HP pavilion Entertainment Laptop
    Intel Dual Core
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7400
    2Gb Ram
    Windows Vista Home premium.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hmm , this mean already installed Norton/McAfee or Trend Mirco . Having more than one AV at the same time will cause nothing but troubles...

Uninstall the junk software and the already installed AV package . Use their removal tools and then install ESET Smart Security

3. awesome1

awesome1 Registered Member

I painstakingly did this BEFORE installing ESS I unistalled NIS 07 then rebooted & made sure by using the Norton removal tool & rebooted again then ran cache cleaner to clear the recycle bin!!

Then & only then did I install ESS 3.0.621!

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I had this once and that was When I installed ESS on a machine that had previously had McAfee on it.

Other than that I've not seen the issue.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Download ESET SysInspector
    http://www.eset.eu/download/beta

1. Start the program using SysInspector.exe
    2. When the file is generated , choose File > Save Log
    3. Confirm your wish
    4. Save the file in a format you prefer (zip or xml)

Contact ESET Technical support or your local representative/distributor , explain the situatuon (you can inclide a link to this thread) and give them the log file of ESET SysInspector .
    Most likely your problem has appeared because of incompatibility with another 3rd party software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.