Vista BSOD With ESS 3.0.621

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by awesome1, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesome1

awesome1 Registered Member

I have been using NOD32 AV 3.0.621 with Outpost V6 & was so impressed with NOD (having come from KAV!) that i went & tried ESS 3.0.621 with a totally restored factory shipped software on my hewlett Packard laptop. I did all the full Vista updates & then installed ESS and then when i rebooted i got the BSOD but because Vista asked me if i wanted to get solutions to the BSOD I clicked yes & it immediately restored my laptop to the point of Pre-installation of ESS so I never got the dump file or error? Has anyone else experienced this BSOD with ESS? No problems with the AntiVirus version all is working really well? :doubt:

HP pavilion Entertainment Laptop
    Intel Dual Core
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7400
    2Gb Ram
    Windows Vista Home premium.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hmm , this mean already installed Norton/McAfee or Trend Mirco . Having more than one AV at the same time will cause nothing but troubles...

Uninstall the junk software and the already installed AV package . Use their removal tools and then install ESET Smart Security

3. awesome1

awesome1 Registered Member

I painstakingly did this BEFORE installing ESS I unistalled NIS 07 then rebooted & made sure by using the Norton removal tool & rebooted again then ran cache cleaner to clear the recycle bin!!

Then & only then did I install ESS 3.0.621!

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I had this once and that was When I installed ESS on a machine that had previously had McAfee on it.

Other than that I've not seen the issue.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Download ESET SysInspector
    http://www.eset.eu/download/beta

1. Start the program using SysInspector.exe
    2. When the file is generated , choose File > Save Log
    3. Confirm your wish
    4. Save the file in a format you prefer (zip or xml)

Contact ESET Technical support or your local representative/distributor , explain the situatuon (you can inclide a link to this thread) and give them the log file of ESET SysInspector .
    Most likely your problem has appeared because of incompatibility with another 3rd party software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.