Vista (beta 2 32 bit) - True Image won't install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1kyle, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1kyle

1kyle Registered Member

On Vista (beta 2 32 bit) True Image Home 9.0 starts installing and then the windows installer reverses and issues message saying Install process was interrupted before completing.

Is there anyway to install this product on Windows Vista (32 bit) -- I'm told try XP compatability mode but how do I do that.

I'm using True Image Home 9.0 Build 3633

Cheers
    -k

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  2. snoods

snoods Registered Member

Running in XP compatability mode makes no difference, it just quits the same way as you mentioned.

You right click on the install icon and go to properties then select the compatability tab and slect the compatability mode you want.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The official Acronis position is that Vista is not yet supported. There have been some reports of a bit of success which you may find if you search the forum for Vista.

The bootable rescue CD version does seem to be able to backup the Vista partitions. To use it you do not need to install the Windows version of TI but you do need to create a rescue CD in XP.

4. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi

Yes a backup from the "outside" of vista is possible....in this case you don't need a vista compatible driver.

The driver model in windows vista changed so acronis has to modify the Snap-drivers to make it compatible again.

Volker

5. snoods

snoods Registered Member

Thanks for your replies, i'll give the rescue cd method a try. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.