Vista: AMON not enabling upon startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rseiler, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

For some reason, I can't get AMON to turn on automatically upon booting Vista, even though "File system monitor AMON enabled" is checked (I don't use DMON/EMON/IMON so don't know about those). Any thoughts on what I can do to get this to stick so that I don't have to check it manually?

This is v2.70.32 on a new Ultimate install. I did bring over my configuration from XP via a .REG file (per another post), so perhaps that's related.

2. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Looks likely. I am running vista ultimate with no issues. Try a clean install and manually set config....

3. rseiler

It would be less work to manually enable it than a clean NOD32 install, so I'll hold out for a workaround. Transferring settings is pretty common, I think.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What a shame , in my opinion . I strongly recommend you reinstall NOD32 with clean installation rather than touching the registry . This not-working setup expose you to danger.

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD32

If you want to save your configurations and use it next time you need reinstallation , you need NOD32 LanUpdate edition with its Configuration editor . You can then install NOD32 via a bat file . Contact local ESET / ESET representative office and ask them to make a desired configuration for you , save the necessary XML file and give that file to you .

5. rseiler

Thanks, but you should note that even the moderator of the forum discussed the procedure for the transfer of settings, so it's not like this is some hack that I made up off the top of my head. It's a very simple one-branch move (minus the "InstalledComponents" section) and it did work. This is probably just one setting I'm overlooking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.