Vista: AMON not enabling upon startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rseiler, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

For some reason, I can't get AMON to turn on automatically upon booting Vista, even though "File system monitor AMON enabled" is checked (I don't use DMON/EMON/IMON so don't know about those). Any thoughts on what I can do to get this to stick so that I don't have to check it manually?

This is v2.70.32 on a new Ultimate install. I did bring over my configuration from XP via a .REG file (per another post), so perhaps that's related.

2. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Looks likely. I am running vista ultimate with no issues. Try a clean install and manually set config....

3. rseiler

It would be less work to manually enable it than a clean NOD32 install, so I'll hold out for a workaround. Transferring settings is pretty common, I think.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What a shame , in my opinion . I strongly recommend you reinstall NOD32 with clean installation rather than touching the registry . This not-working setup expose you to danger.

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD32

If you want to save your configurations and use it next time you need reinstallation , you need NOD32 LanUpdate edition with its Configuration editor . You can then install NOD32 via a bat file . Contact local ESET / ESET representative office and ask them to make a desired configuration for you , save the necessary XML file and give that file to you .

5. rseiler

Thanks, but you should note that even the moderator of the forum discussed the procedure for the transfer of settings, so it's not like this is some hack that I made up off the top of my head. It's a very simple one-branch move (minus the "InstalledComponents" section) and it did work. This is probably just one setting I'm overlooking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.