Vista 64-bit... Options?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by komugi, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komugi

komugi Registered Member

I actually am not too sure how the built-in firewall is, but since I have a router, I'm not too worried. But I would like to get better control of my application access rights, and at the moment, it comes down to:

Comodo 3/Jetico/Online Armor

At the moment I'm leaning towards Jetico since I had Comodo 3 installed and for some reason It kept on crashing on me and entire GUI is pretty discolored (not compatible with Aero, I assume). Does anyone here use Vista 64-bit have any advise for me?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Online armor doesn't yet support vista unfortunately. Another couple of options are outpost pro 2008 or lavasoft personal firewall. You could also go for a security suite like bitdefender 2008 or eset smart security which support 64 bit and include firewalls.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  3. komugi

komugi Registered Member

I was reading www start64 com - it seems like jetico supports Vista 64-bit, have you tried that option?

If I am to use a firewall, I'm fairly reluctant to use built-in firewalls that gets bundled with antivirus, I guess its just a pet peeve, but I rather have a stand alone that does the job well.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm only new to vista 64 bit, i've been slowly going through software seeing what works and what doesn't. I haven't got around to testing firewalls yet so i can't be of much help at the moment unfortunately.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Vista's onw FireWall is 64 bits and the freebie Vista Fire Wall Control is also available in a 64 bits version. VFWC only generates outbound rules in the Vista FW in a very easy way. Options are very very limited.

To me it is either Comodo (benfit of D+) or Vista FW with VFWC (dead simple). Other options are only for real FW enthousiasts, paranoids have Comodo, the rest of the world Vista's own (with VFWC).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.