Vista/32 - Uninstalled Beta 1a: BSOD, 100% CPU, Interactive Mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by GNaschenweng, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GNaschenweng

GNaschenweng Registered Member

I know this is beta-software but I have gone back to Kaspersky Internet Security due to the following problems with Eset beta 1a:

- Interactive mode simply does not work consistently. Over the last few days I was switching back/forth between interactive/automatic mode. In the end I left it at automatic mode which is pretty much similar to just using Windows Firewall.

- Blue Screen: I used to get BSOD after having ESET installed as soon as I plugged in a network cable (at the point when an DHCP-address was assigned). Since I did not experience those problems on my WLAN-card I was still somewhat functional. But as of today my WLAN-card as well as my broadband card BSOD'ed as soon as I connected.

- 100% CPU: Since the installation if Beta 1a, I noticed that CPUs on my dual-core spiked to 100% rendering my laptop unresponsive to the point that I have to cold-boot. I believe this is related to the realtime/filescan of large files.

Eset is for sure a promising product, but is very rough around the edges even for the use of a beta. I have used various products in beta such as Kaspersky or Zonealarm and must admit, that those beta's did not show such severe issues.

I suppose the above errors could very well just relate to Vista, since I do not see people on WinXP posting such issues.

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Same here - I'm fine until I try to connect to the internet with my wireless adapter. I've told Eset, but I'm not sure there's a solution yet.

3. Hiew

Hiew Registered Member

I understand that you are trying to keep an open mind that it is in fact a Beta, however maybe it isn't as open as it should be?
    I've been having a few problems here and there and yes it isn't as strong as a beta such as ZA or KIS, however in all fairness this is ESET's first attempt at Any firewall/security suite while those have been out for several years. Give it patience and don't have your expectations set in the sky just yet ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.