Vista/32 - Uninstalled Beta 1a: BSOD, 100% CPU, Interactive Mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by GNaschenweng, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GNaschenweng

GNaschenweng Registered Member

I know this is beta-software but I have gone back to Kaspersky Internet Security due to the following problems with Eset beta 1a:

- Interactive mode simply does not work consistently. Over the last few days I was switching back/forth between interactive/automatic mode. In the end I left it at automatic mode which is pretty much similar to just using Windows Firewall.

- Blue Screen: I used to get BSOD after having ESET installed as soon as I plugged in a network cable (at the point when an DHCP-address was assigned). Since I did not experience those problems on my WLAN-card I was still somewhat functional. But as of today my WLAN-card as well as my broadband card BSOD'ed as soon as I connected.

- 100% CPU: Since the installation if Beta 1a, I noticed that CPUs on my dual-core spiked to 100% rendering my laptop unresponsive to the point that I have to cold-boot. I believe this is related to the realtime/filescan of large files.

Eset is for sure a promising product, but is very rough around the edges even for the use of a beta. I have used various products in beta such as Kaspersky or Zonealarm and must admit, that those beta's did not show such severe issues.

I suppose the above errors could very well just relate to Vista, since I do not see people on WinXP posting such issues.

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Same here - I'm fine until I try to connect to the internet with my wireless adapter. I've told Eset, but I'm not sure there's a solution yet.

3. Hiew

Hiew Registered Member

I understand that you are trying to keep an open mind that it is in fact a Beta, however maybe it isn't as open as it should be?
    I've been having a few problems here and there and yes it isn't as strong as a beta such as ZA or KIS, however in all fairness this is ESET's first attempt at Any firewall/security suite while those have been out for several years. Give it patience and don't have your expectations set in the sky just yet ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.