Visiting New Jersey

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by gracie123, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello, has anyone here at Wilders visted or live in the state of New Jersey in the USA? If so, how did you like it there? Is there much to do and/or see? Just asking because I like seeing things (such as nature) and so forth.

Gracie

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I visied the Garden State once. Atlantic City to be precise. Weekend excursion. Didn't see much in the way of nature though. Just roulette wheels and crap tables mostly. ;) :D

I'm sure the rest is wonderful. There are a few members i know here who reside there. Hopefully one of them will fill u in on the sights and sounds of New Joisy. :D

snowbound

3. gracie123

Hey :),

Thanks for your comments snowbound, I hope one of them or anyone else on Wilders who knows some info about New Jersey can let me know... I have some family I'd like to visit so thats why I chose New Jersey.

Thanks again for your comments about New Joisy :D

4. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Hello Gracie:

I lived in New Jersey for 50 years, i suggest Liberty State Park, from where you can see the Statue of Liberty. For scenic, i like the northwest portion of the state, in the appalachian foothills, beautiful any time of the years. There are also many fine beaches in NJ, 100 plus miles of coastline. There is a lot of history in NJ, many revolutionary war battlesites and George Washingtons headquarters.

Mike

5. gracie123

Hi Mike,

I appreciate your comments :). I will make note to visit those areas you mentioned... I've tried asking some people I met online but all I heard was "Its a boring state. There's NOTHING to do" so I thought well.. I'll ask on Wilders and so far 2 people which is you and snowbound gave me some positive feedback.

Thanks again and I'll be looking forward to any feedback from others here at Wilders :)

~Gracie

6. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Well, they've probably lived there all their lives, which initiates the boredom.

However, if you're visiting during the summer, go down to the shore! Very pretty and relaxing. I do so every weekend. :D

Or during fall there is also apple picking.

Spring there is always... um... allergies?

7. gracie123

Hi :), that is true... good point as far as the boredom. Just curious, is visiting North Jersey as nice as visiting South Jersey as far as to see the mountains and such if you know?

Gracie

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  8. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

It's not north or south I don't believe. Though, you have the nice delware water gap for mountains and water and scenery. Though in the north there are also some very scenic places. It's mainly as long as you stick towards the west-ish.

The NJ to the left. haha. I hope that makes some sense.

9. gracie123

Hi, yes it does... Thanks! :)

10. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Raised in N.J., moved to Tampa Florida, back in N.J., hopefully moving back to Tampa in a couple of years.

Any info you would like on N.J., please, let me know I'll help you out as much as possible.

11. gracie123

Thanks for all the help CJsDad in private message... it's very helpful. :) and everyone else who replied to this thread. Thank you.

- Gracie :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.