Virusscan V7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

I bought McAfee Virusscan Ver 7, but after Install, the application could not Run, I intented open Explorer and Need be closed...Some bady has experience with this problem ? I am usin Win XP Professional Sp1

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have never had a problem with mcafee 7 you might want to reinstall and try turning processguard to learning mode if you use it. i have had version 7 on six different computers and it always ran well. be sure when you get it running to turn off auto updates until you have gone here and gotten an update of engine and def files. see screen shot after you have done this ver7 will auto update engine and def files in the future. Ver 7 will not download the def updates it will show an error when trying to install auto updates until you have manually updated as outlined above.

Attached Files:

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hmm....I've had that problem before - The best I'd recommend is - remove traces of previous AV and set ProcessGuard in learning mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.