virus Wildworker

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Wildman, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildman

Wildman Guest

o_O Has anyone head of the virus "Wildworker"? Does anyone have any idea or a link site to clean this virus? Does anyone have a suggestion for a virus protection program that can take care of this particular virus? I can find no information about this virus!

Thanks (Danke)
    Wildman
    o_O :) :rolleyes:

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I'm afraid I wasn't able to find anything under that name. What program(s) identified it as WildWorker?

3. Dan Perez

Maybe this is the beastie?

http://www.avp.ch/avpve/file/i/idea.stm

4. Dan Perez

Wildman,

It appears that Idea is the more common name for the virus and that it went through multiple versions but I could not find any dedicated cleaner.

Multiple AVs claim to detect it but do not make it clear if they can clean it.

I found reference to it in CA, Symantec and AVP(Kaspersky). I have KAV Pro and it's virus list does not differentiate between those it can clean and those it can only detect..

5. wizard

wizard Registered Member

No. Which program reported that virus? Please specify also the filenames and path of the infected filenames.

If you answer my questions above I am pretty sure that I can help you to get rid of whatever infected you. :)

So AntiVirPE does not help you this time? :D

wizard

6. Wildman

Wildman Guest

:D This is not for me, but rather an attempt to help an individual who posted this problem on the AntiVir BB. AVPE is still my choice.

Thanks (Danke)
    Wildman
    :cool:

7. wizard

wizard Registered Member

You might ask him to come over here to help him. :) Unless my above questions are not answered it will be hard to help him. Just installing a different av program might even do more damage than really helping solving the problem.

Yeah I know that you have something against real good av solutions. :D

wizard

8. Wildman

Wildman Guest

:rolleyes:AFAICS I considered it established that wdll does NOT have a virus on his PC; just false positives by AVPE.

Of course he could subject the PC to dozens of other scanners (and I think he tried that), even glorious KAV, but that wouldn't change anything in the diagnosis..

But of course, you get an honorary medal for defending AVPE ..
    which probably isn't at fault here, just stumbling over some weird unusual system config of wdll..

Thanks (Danke)
    Wildman
    :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.