Virus undetected by NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nikhil_shevade, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikhil_shevade

nikhil_shevade Registered Member

I was using emule. Downloaded a file and when i clicked it the screen blacked out and when it resumed, NOD32 was disabled and the virus had taken over.
    I am unable to install any other antivirus as during installation it said, unable to find a particular file and hence installation aborted. ntoskrnl was blinking when seen in Windows explorer. The windows were blinking and losing focus every 5 seconds.
    Please help me out, i am new to all this.
    Cheers

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

Please follow the directions located HERE

Cheers :D

3. nikhil_shevade

hi, thanx for your reply
    NOD32 is not at all working. Further i did an online scan with Trend Micro, Symantec, but to no avail.
    I tried to install another AV (AntiVir) but it was not installing.
    I tried to run Autopatcher but it was giving an error.
    There is nothing that i was able to do. Even the NOD32 re-installation was not working.
    Please help me.

4. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hello.

If it's not a problem I would suggest to repair Your Windows installation. Believe me but sometimes it's better to do this then trying to figure out how to solve the problems like this. Note that if You decide to repair Your windows istallation all documents will be saved. You will not loose anything.

This is my suggestion.

5. dmcdaniel

dmcdaniel Registered Member

If you do try to do a Windows Repair - Be carefull. The windows repair will delete all your system files and try to reinstall them. You only have ONE, yes ONE chance to do this. I would recommend you back up any documents or files you find to be important.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Slave drive to another computer that's windows updated and has a good antivirus on it. Clean, then attempt repair. I'd be wary about trying to reinstall windows on an infected machine. And learn lesson about using P2P stuff.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is the right way , I second this advise . It is too risky to perform repair on already infected computer .

If you cannot put the hard disk drive on another computer , you can use bootable CD bundled with some applications and scan/clean. In case this sounds too unfamiliar , contact well educated IT for help

8. nikhil_shevade

thanks everybody for your help.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

One post removed, please remember that this is the "NOD32 Support Forum". Other Antivirus products can be discussed elsewhere on this website.

Blackspear.

10. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

I don't know that you can insert logfiles from HJT, ComboFix, ... here so if you want, i can help you by e-mail.

threat.support {at} gmail.com

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can send a log from Autoruns to support[at]eset.com for further analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.