Virus slowing down my internet connection!?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lildill, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lildill

lildill Registered Member

Im connected to a home network through a router.

About three days ago, my internet was working smoothly, no problems whatsoever. The next morning, I noticed that my internet was extremely slow.... my computer was fine, programs opening up normally and everything, just the internet was slow as a slug! I tried other computers connected to the home network and found that they all had normal connections... only my computer had the slow internet.

This got me suspecting a bug on my computer. Unfortunaly I couldn't do a system restore because I hadn't turned on the checkpoints, so I have no checkpoints to restore to :(. I downloaded shawsecure, and it found no viruses or adaware on my computer...

Instead of taking a second to flip a page, it can take up to a few minutes. It seems to me that images are taking forever to load as well. My downloads go at about 7 kb/s which is unusually slow for my computers connection which is DSL at 100 mb/s connection.

Please help! I dont know what this is, but its really slowing down my internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.