Virus signature database update failed

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wattsvilleblues, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wattsvilleblues

wattsvilleblues Registered Member

Hi all,
    My virus signature database hasn't successfully updated since 27th November. My licence is current. No other programs on my computer seem to have problems with internet access.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64, and NOD32 5.2.9.1 x64. Any ideas how I can fix this?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

open the advanced settings (hit F5 when ESET antivirus is open) - open up the update tabs in the hierarchical menu until you see the page where it says "Selected profile" - by default that will say "My Profile" - there will be a radio buttons which say "Regular update", "Pre-release updates", "Delayed update" - and below that will be two buttons:

"Advanced update setup"
    and
    "Clear Update cache" - hit <<< This one

Then open the "Advanced update setup" - and make sure that on the first tab named "Update mode" - you have "ask before downloadnig program components" and "Offer computer restart if necessary" - now click the "HTTP Proxy" tab - change "Use global proxy server settings" to "Do not use proxy server" - in the LAN tab - make sure "Connect to LAN as:" has the value "System account (default)" selected.

Now hit OK twice - RESTART the computer.

Now open ESET antivirus again - select the Update menu from the left side of ESET Antivirus - and click the "Update virus signature database"

It should update. If not, let us know.

If that fails, then I would:

reset internet explorer settings using the microsoft fixit
    reset hosts file using microsoft fixit

You may also if these steps fail have something that crept past your antivirus - the first steps usually fix 99% of problems and it is not a piece of malware...

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If everything fails, I can connect to your computer remotely and try to fix it.

4. wattsvilleblues

wattsvilleblues Registered Member

No need Marcos, I have just applied the solution webyourbusiness suggested and it worked like a charm.

Thank you both very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.