Virus scanner initialization failed.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dsb3, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsb3

dsb3 Registered Member

I have tried searching in this forum and different sites regarding the error below but have been unsuccessful. I keep getting this message from 1 machine out of 1300.

Error message:
    5/27/2011 5:23:14 AM - During execution of Kernel on the computer ********, the following warning occurred: Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.

Computer details:
    WindowsXP ServicePack3
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71 and last virus sig is 6156

I have tried uninstalling ESET(uninstaller in ESET program files) and deleting all ESET folders on the machine. I then reinstalled ESET, rebooted the machine, and logged back into the computer. As soon as I logged into the computer, ESET began displaying that error message again. I then found somewhere online that people have cleared the update cache. I cleard the update cache, ESET was fine for about a week, and now getting the messages again. Let me know if I can provide anymore information. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated?

2. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

oddly enough i'm here searching re the same prob. i've raised an issue, i'll post if i hear anything. did the same thing, working fine, got a def update around dinnertime, switched on again now and the thing won't initialise :-/

3. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

reply from the help staff said to uninstall and download/reinstall the latest version.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In cases like this, I'd suggest contacting customer care and supplying them with:
    - all *.dat files in the ESET install folder
    - a Process Monitor log from boot (boot logging in PM must be enabled manually before you reboot the computer)

5. crazyd

crazyd Registered Member

Hi, I also got the "Virus scanner initialization failed" error. But after finding out my ram stick had errors and removed it, nod32 now runs fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.