Virus scanner initialization failed.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dsb3, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsb3

dsb3 Registered Member

I have tried searching in this forum and different sites regarding the error below but have been unsuccessful. I keep getting this message from 1 machine out of 1300.

Error message:
    5/27/2011 5:23:14 AM - During execution of Kernel on the computer ********, the following warning occurred: Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.

Computer details:
    WindowsXP ServicePack3
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71 and last virus sig is 6156

I have tried uninstalling ESET(uninstaller in ESET program files) and deleting all ESET folders on the machine. I then reinstalled ESET, rebooted the machine, and logged back into the computer. As soon as I logged into the computer, ESET began displaying that error message again. I then found somewhere online that people have cleared the update cache. I cleard the update cache, ESET was fine for about a week, and now getting the messages again. Let me know if I can provide anymore information. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated?

2. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

oddly enough i'm here searching re the same prob. i've raised an issue, i'll post if i hear anything. did the same thing, working fine, got a def update around dinnertime, switched on again now and the thing won't initialise :-/

3. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

reply from the help staff said to uninstall and download/reinstall the latest version.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In cases like this, I'd suggest contacting customer care and supplying them with:
    - all *.dat files in the ESET install folder
    - a Process Monitor log from boot (boot logging in PM must be enabled manually before you reboot the computer)

5. crazyd

crazyd Registered Member

Hi, I also got the "Virus scanner initialization failed" error. But after finding out my ram stick had errors and removed it, nod32 now runs fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.