virus scanner initialization failed

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by cthulhu1020, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthulhu1020

cthulhu1020 Registered Member

I have been looking for a new security sweet amd am using a 30 day trial of the latest version of eset smart security. I installed it last week and have got this message 7 times virus scanner initialization failed most features will not function correctly on start up. Sometimes running a manual update works to re- initialize it and sometimes only multiple restarts of the computer will work. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what is causing this? The only items I have starting up is eset and wmpnscfg.

I really like this software but this failing to start properly concerns me :(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Either the engine file (em002_32.dat) got corrupt for some reason (e.g. a disk error) or there was a problem loading the real-time protection driver. I'd suggest contacting ESET customer care and supplying them with all *.dat files from the ESET installation folder as well as a SysInspector log which might reveal other suspicious applications/drivers that might be installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.