Virus scanner initialization failed.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sammyc53, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyc53

sammyc53 Registered Member

I keep getting this every day on 1 machine:

9/16/2010 15:41:20 PM - During execution of Kernel on the computer FZC9TG1, the following warning occurred: Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.

I have un/re installed to no avail, it keeps coming back.

Idea?

4.2.58.3 on XP Pro SP3

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello sammyc53,

I notice that you said this is an XP machine. How much memory do you have and how many applications are set on start up? Looking at a SysInspector may be helpful to figuring this out. You can create a case and send me the case number that you receive.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I too am getting this. I have created a case via the link referenced above but have not received my initial email with my case #.

4. Rmuffler

Hello RyanW,

Please let me know when you do receive a case number and I will take a look at it.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Is the CASE # not autogenerated?.. still no email and I filed this 30+ minutes ago?

6. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I ran the ESET uninstaller in safe mode and re-installed ESET AV once it came back up into normal mode.

So far it's already gotten the latest AV updates and hasn't thrown this error yet. I'll report back if that changes.

7. Rmuffler

Hello RyanW,

I apologize for the delayed response. It is good to hear that your issue looks to be resolved. Please feel free to respond here if it pops back up. As for the customer support case number, an email with your new case number should have been emailed to you within a few minutes of you submitting your request. Have you checked your spam folder?

Thank you,
    Richard

8. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Yes, I checked my spam folder. I never (to the time of this posting) received a case #.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.