Virus Scan and FP's

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Trooper, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hi All,

I just ran an online scan with Bitdefender. It did not find anything, so I know NOD32 is doing it's job. :cool:

However, during the scan, NOD barked about three "possible new WIN32 viruses".

Taken from the log...

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    6/11/2005 14:11:08 PM AMON file C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmp00001bea\tmp0013bcd6 probably unknown WIN32 virus quarantined - deleted ........\... Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.
    6/11/2005 14:06:56 PM AMON file C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmp00001bea\tmp0010d845 probably unknown WIN32 virus quarantined - deleted ........\... Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.
    6/11/2005 14:06:12 PM AMON file C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmp00001bea\tmp00107a18 probably unknown WIN32 virus quarantined - deleted ........\... Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.

Strange how these popped up during the online Bitdefender scan or no?

Another question is this.

When I run a full scan with NOD32 it reports that it has scanned about 206,000 thousand files (C & D drives scanned).

When I ran the scan with Bitdefender online (again C & D drives scanned) it reported about twice that amount. Was roughly about 408,000 give or a take a few. Im curious why NOD32 is reporting less files? Is it not scanning all files? NOTE: I use Blackspear's setup.

One other thing. Each time a scheduled scan runs (again as per BS's setup) I notice that it seems that the scan for Alternative ADS streams is ALWAYS unchecked. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks as always,

Jag

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Bitdefender may support more archives than NOD32. And that causes more scanned files...
    If I were you, I would submit suspicious files to ESET;-)

3. Trooper

Thanks, that makes sense.

I would send them, however they were deleted.

4. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I have the same problem, if I run nod with bitdefender. With Panda active scan or Trend micro house call there is not a conflict. I think if you run a scan with Bitdefender while nod is active you will get the same warnings again. I believe on my pc it was located in temporary Internet.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Only to remember that the AV's doesn't count the scanned files the same way... ;)

6. Trooper

Yes, that is exactly where it was located on my pc.

Thanks,

Jag :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.