Virus Question!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lun3rst4r15, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

certain viruses u got execute them before its detected by nod32? and any other Av's?

2. lun3rst4r15

hmmss....no one has a answer to this question?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although I personally noticed your post I didn't reply earlier because I don't understand very well what you wrote about. Anyway , my answer would be:

It depends on the file/type/packer . It is all important that it is detected early or later . NOD32 is antivirus system - none of the modules itself can provide 100% protection by itself but when combined , all modules provide maximum possible protection :)

4. lun3rst4r15

What I'm trying to say is that i sent my friend a file from another file when i scanned the file from nod32 with the latest definition the same one he had it was clean on my comp...but when i sent it to him and he opened it he said it was like some backdoor virus hope this makes better sense? are u saying that i should have other software Av and scan it with them i heard its not good to have to many realtime scanner? maybe i should get 1 realtime others on demand?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This sounds like a false positive being generated by his Antivirus program. To be certain, upload the file to www.virustotal.com and see if any other vendors are detecting it.

Cheers :D

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No AV is 100% perfect and every misses threats. If you suspect a file to be malware that is not detected by NOD32, you can submit it to samples[at]eset.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.