Virus Question!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lun3rst4r15, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

certain viruses u got execute them before its detected by nod32? and any other Av's?

2. lun3rst4r15

hmmss....no one has a answer to this question?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although I personally noticed your post I didn't reply earlier because I don't understand very well what you wrote about. Anyway , my answer would be:

It depends on the file/type/packer . It is all important that it is detected early or later . NOD32 is antivirus system - none of the modules itself can provide 100% protection by itself but when combined , all modules provide maximum possible protection :)

4. lun3rst4r15

What I'm trying to say is that i sent my friend a file from another file when i scanned the file from nod32 with the latest definition the same one he had it was clean on my comp...but when i sent it to him and he opened it he said it was like some backdoor virus hope this makes better sense? are u saying that i should have other software Av and scan it with them i heard its not good to have to many realtime scanner? maybe i should get 1 realtime others on demand?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This sounds like a false positive being generated by his Antivirus program. To be certain, upload the file to www.virustotal.com and see if any other vendors are detecting it.

Cheers :D

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No AV is 100% perfect and every misses threats. If you suspect a file to be malware that is not detected by NOD32, you can submit it to samples[at]eset.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.