virus on website

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jopa66, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

In helping a client to remove malware from their system, I discovered a
    website that tries to install a trojan (Trojan.ByteVerify) each time it is
    visited. I have sent e-mail to the hosting company of this site four days
    ago. I have not received a reply and the site is still actively trying to
    infect user's computers. Is this something which should be reported and if
    so, does anyone know where or to what authority I can report this website?

I can post more specific information here (without an actual link to the website) if that is appropriate. This is not a new virus and any up-to-date scanner should catch it. It just irritates me that this site is allowed to be up and running, infecting the machines of unwary people who may go there. I realize that this site is probably just one of many but surely, *someone* should be able to force them to correct the situation or remove the site.
    --
    ~john aka: jopa

2. smiddy

smiddy Registered Member

Well i do not really know where you could report this but a good place to go would be http://castlecops.com/forums.html there forums would be able to turn you in the right Direction either that or you may be able to get some info off microsoft mabe

Smiddy :cool:

3. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

You could try the FCC.....for all the good that will do......or the attorney general's off.......but remember those are for the U.S......other countries have their own such agencies...........will reporting this help.....GOOD LUCK!

If I recall...(its been a long while) the exploit is a java exploit that works on a weakness is M$ virtual machine....(which you can remove and change to sun java)
    The exploit may also be in bed with coolwebsearch......although this is not often mentioned........naturally the nasty could have changed numerous times...so beawear..........you just asked on where to report.....so guess that all I can offer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.