Virus...not detected bby ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by gH0StrId3R, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gH0StrId3R

gH0StrId3R Registered Member

WTF HELL IS THISo_O

today i come from school...i see this damn virus right at my desktop screaming to download a scamming AV...i update ESS RC1...then run a scan...no detection

heck...i even ran a scan on the damn directory the virus files are...and still no detectiono_O I dont get it...that virus is showing a toolbar

Security Toolbar 7.1 in my IE

and the damn thing is fake alerting me again n again...if u have a solution plz post it soon

PS : sorry for the harsh lingo...i am really angry

2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I have a concern as well:

using Clamwin (which is free) i get

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\NWS4RUV1\n404-3[1].htm: JS.Downloader-9 FOUND

but scanning teh same directories ESS RC1 says all is clean.

This is a concern.

3. gH0StrId3R

gH0StrId3R Registered Member

yep theres a concern here....i got rid of it using SmitFraudFix

but i think there r traces of it still on my comp....coz it just deleted the running files n cleaned the reg

plz suggest a good Virus scanner for use in critical times...when u know theres a virus...n u cant remove it using the common AVs like Eset, Mcafee, Bitdefender and AVG (yes AVG sumtimes)

4. 031

031 Registered Member

@ gH0StrId3R
    There are thousands of malwares and it is pointless to expect 100% detection from any av . your problem is probably with a spyware . -snipped- It is better to do on-demand scanning time to time with antispywares because avs are not always good with spywares . take care ................

Edit: other AV product recommendations removed. Remember that this is ESET's support forum please.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.