Virus need advice please

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by WhiteShadow., Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShadow.

WhiteShadow. Registered Member

A website caused several trojans to pop up on my computer yesterday and now my virus scan tells me that I have a virus every time I open my internet explorer. I also get messages from the virus scan that a trojan has been detected, cleaned and deleted whenever I open my internet explorer. Almost every program on my computer that I try to use freezes and I have to end task. I've done 3 virus scans, deleted 2 viruses, and on the third scan no virus was detected, but then I was informed that I had a virus later on by that same virus scan software. I'm in quite the pickle and any advice that you might have would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. Butters

Butters Registered Member

What is the name of the detected virus/trojan? Check the logs if you can't remember. Also, what software are you using? (OS, Antivirus, other security).

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Although not a practical method, you may want to consider either trying to do a system restore or a system recovery if you can't fix the problem.

Jimbob

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

WhiteShadow, is this the same computer as you've posted about and getting help with in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=64920

If so, please stay with that thread and do not cross-post with starting a new thread. Two threads going at the same time about the same computer and problems can become too confusing.

Regards,

snap

Edit - since I do believe this is the same computer still having problems, I will lock this thread now. Please continue in your other thread.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.