virus in FirstDefense-ISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by rabosr, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabosr

rabosr Registered Member

I have three virus's in folder number 3 located in the $ISR according to Norton's.
    the folder however shows "0" when I run the curser over it. How can I get in there and remove the three virus's.
    I am new at this and will need "step by step" instructions if possible. I have had this program for a year now and can't get along with out it.
    Thanks,
    Ray

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

If this is a snapshot, boot into it and remove them from there. Alternatively depending on how you use fd-isr, just delete the snapshot / archive and be done with it.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Folder no. 3 would be your third snapshot. I'd boot to each snapshot, and scan it separately. Then virus removal, if it's real, would be like for any other computer.

Pete

4. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings,

If Norton found a virus in the $ISR\3 folder, then the virus sits in that folder as you would expect. However, when you go into the ISR GUI, please be careful with removing the snapshot that is listed third. That may not be the same snapshot. Let me explain.

As logical as it seems to have them named 1,2,3 for snapshot 1,2,3, that may not the case every time. These are actually arbitrary numbers that will be adjusted depending on snapshot booting to, booted from, etc.

The best way to find out what user given name is defined as the snapshot number for the currently booted system, use our command line interface. You simply run ISRControl.exe and type in the command “List”. This will list your snapshots and archives. To the right of the snapshot name is a number: (0), (1),(2), etc. This is the folder for that snapshot. Note: (0) is always the currently booted snapshot.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

A word of some valuable advice when using FD-ISR. ALWAYS keep an equal compliment of "clean" "updated" if you can ARCHIVES stored to another disk, this is where the real POWER of FD-ISR overwhelms any infestations no matter how fierce.

I deliberately and somewhat inadvertantly infected my entire 200GB drive x 3 partitions which also housed archives :eek: I was in deep doo doo for certain because NOD32 "was" able to do some fair amount of house cleaning of files but they are never enough and so i wiped out the entire drive after salvaging what was workable still, and then deleted, wiped, and reformated till reinstalled windows anew and then came the saving rescue of FD-ISR archives i always kept on another drive. Mind you, most users would easily had backup images to remedy a mess like that, but not me, i had only the archives to turn to.

After re-installing FD-ISR afresh i began the procedure of Copy/Update to SNAPSHOTS for every archive which had been storaged for just this purpose and the results completely returned a 100% working order 200GB X 3 partitions again with everything exactly intact as before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.