Virus Guard question

Discussion in 'Returnil Betas' started by Dark Star 72, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Hi Mike,
    Having used the anti-execute function extensively in v2 I am now playing with the Virus Guard in the Beta. I notice that there is no longer a visible 'white/black list' to view and instead we have 'Trust programs from the real disk only' which I like because it gives only a default/deny situation.
    However, are blocked .exe, programs etc added to an invisible 'black list' or are they simply blocked on the basis of not being on the system and not listed within RVS for further reference at all.
    So, if I forget to exit 'trust programs from the real disk only' before going to install software and it gets blocked can I then install the same software under 'Allow programs to run normally' without any problems, either with the installing or running of that software.
    Also, I like the way in 'Messages' it gives not only the details of the blocked item but also the location of that item so that you can find it. VERY useful if you do get real malware.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Dark Star 72,
    The criteria is that the program does not already exist on the real disk.

Yes, as long as the program does not require a reboot to complete the install.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming ;)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.