Virus found but too big to submit to Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by The Beast, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beast

The Beast Registered Member

Eset smart security just picked up a Win32/virut.NBP virus on a file that I have had for a couple of years--portable photoshop cs3. This has to be a false positive as I have had this file for over 2 years and Eset security has never said it was a virus. I ran the file with Norton and Kaspersky and it said it was clean. The problem I am having is that I cannot submit to Eset because it is 44 megs. I know this file is clean but I dont want Eset to keep telling me that it is a virus. Does anybody have any suggestions how to send the file to Eset? Thanks for your help.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can send the file to ESET's virus lab by placing it inside a .ZIP or .RAR file protected with a password of "infected" along with a short text file explaining why you are sending it to ESET (description of found malware, version of software and virus signature database being used, why you suspect it is a virus or a false positive alarm, your contact information, a link to this message thread any any other information you wish to share) and uploading the file to ftp://ftp.nod.sk/incoming/. When you are done transferring the file, send an email to samples@eset.sk with a copy of the text file and the name of the file you uploaded so they can examine it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.