Virus database not digitally signed?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by E-Buzz, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Running latest NOD32 together with latest Outpost firewall on a XP x64 installation, fully updated, and it seems to work pretty well. But as of last week every time NOD32 updates the virus database i get a message on screen telling me that the database update file is not digitally signed and it asks if i want to install it anyway. I choose to install it and it shows up as new update. This has never occured before, any ideas what it is about? I have the "choose server automatically" option for updates activated and it updates from IP 82.165.250.33 which seems to be a valid update server, u5.eset.com (82.165.250.33). Im puzzled.....o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi E-Buzz, this message is brought about by an interruption in the data stream to the update files. To resolve this issue you could try the following:

1. Download a fresh copy of NOD32 from HERE

For help with entering your Username and Password please see HERE

2. Uninstall your current version.

3. REBOOT your Computer.

4. Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

5. Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above using “Typical Settings”.

6. Check your settings against the following Nod32 Tutorial

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Weeee, i have to do the whole procedure again with uninstalling and reinstalling. Thank you Blackspear, you just made my day...:D

May i ask if theres an alternative method not involving uninstall/reinstall? Such stuff tends to cap my productivity.....:rolleyes:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You could try deleting the update files, NOT the update folder, but the files within it in C Drive> Program Files> Eset> updfiles and then try a further update.

Cheers :D

5. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I´ll do that, report of result coming later....good idea, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.