Virtualize a HDM14 Pro backup file

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by DannyD, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DannyD

DannyD Registered Member

I have used HDM14 Pro to create a backup image. I've created images in both the traditional .pbf format and in the new .pvhd format. Now I would like to figure out how to open these images in a virtual machine.

Can I open one of these files with Virtual Box or with Hyper-V (from within Windows :cool:?

2. DannyD

DannyD Registered Member

Ooops. I think I posted my question a little prematurely. I figured out how to use the P2V feature in HDM14 to convert a .pbf archived image to a virtual machine compatible with VirtualBox. However, now I have two questions:

1. Can I convert .pvhd files into virtual machines? (HDM14 didn't offer my .pvhd archived images as options for conversion when I used the P2V feature.)

2. Can I create virtual machine files that are compatible with the Hyper-V software that comes pre-installed with Windows 8?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.