Virtualization manager issue

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by rendez2k, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

My primary HDD contains 3 partitions: 2 Win 7 and an XP one with the normal Win 7 boot menu to select. What I wanted to do is create a virtual HDD from just the XP partition. While virtualization manager has managed to do this, it also copied across the boot menu and now selecting any option gives me "Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change may have caused this. The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

Now I assume its because it looking for OS's that are in places that don't exist? Any other ideas?

2. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

I managed to fix this by doing a full repair on XP. Hopefully in the future, Paragon will be able to check the boot menu items and remove any which are not needed and fix any others.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you've already created the virtual HDD with XP, you simply just have to update the MBR and partition records. With VMware or Virtual PC, boot to the recovery CD iso file located in your Paragon software folder, Boot Corrector will search for your operating system and update the MBR. Alternatively, you can use your Windows XP CD and use the repair console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.