Virtualbox and the latest insider build.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by boredog, Jul 8, 2017.

1. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Everything was working fine till yesterday when I installed the latest insider build, 16237.

Now when I try to load my Windows 10 Enterprise trial, it errors out. I uninstalled Virtual box , rebooted and reinstalled. Then I reinstalled the VM Windows 10 Trial and still have same problem. And so this is just a warning. I had all security software disabled before doing this. Now tomorrow , I have to replace my image two updates ago and disable insider builds till they get this figured out. :eek::(:thumbd:

2. guest

guest Guest

Problems with build 16237, mentioned in the Virtualbox-forum:
    I guess you will have to wait for a new release of VirtualBox.

3. boredog

Thanks mood. It sounds like it is Virtual box's fault and not MS. I will not restore an older image just yet then. But if it takes along time to get a new VB build, I will be forced to go back.

EDIT: From what I can tell it was MS's fault. from the link you posted above, going back to build 16232 insider get VB working again.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. guest

guest Guest

5. boredog

This is good news mood.:thumb:

6. guest

guest Guest

7. boredog

I noticed that too. So yesterday I updated to the latest insider build. Then I was going to install the new build of VB. BUT I woke this morning to a black screen with Not seeing any OS and so right now am trying tp update Windows again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.