Virtual disk -> Physical disk - can this be done?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by peter_nn, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter_nn

peter_nn Registered Member

I wonder if there is a way to move a virtual OS (Windows XP or later in a Virtual PC .vhd file) to physical hardware.

There are lots of solutions for the opposite (to move a physical system to virtual ), but how about virtual -> physical ?
    Is that possible at all, anyone did it? A guide or something?

Thanks

2. PBlais

PBlais Registered Member

VMware supports attaching a physical disk to a Virtual machine. Virtual PC is more like a toy application in comparison but it is more money.

3. peter_nn

peter_nn Registered Member

but I don't want to attach a physical disk to virtual machine, I want to move the OS installed in the virtual machine to a physical disk.

As for Virtual PC being a toy application, IMO a better description is 'VMWare without all the unneccessary bloat'

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peter_nn,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Echo with Acronis Universal Restore has the ability to do:

P2V - Convert/migrate a disk image, created with the program (.tib image file), to a virtual disk file of the type you select (.vmdk, .vhd, .hdd). You will then be able to add the disk to a virtual machine of compatible type (VMware, MS Hyper-V or Virtual Server, Citrix XenServer, Parallels virtual machine). The further usage of the disk is below;

V2P - Convert/migrate a virtual machine such as VMware into a physical machine, even if it has dissimilar x86 hardware and drivers to the original machine.

Check the following article for more information.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.