VIPRE Premium uninstall problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mind72, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mind72

mind72 Registered Member

Have tried to uninstall Vipre Premium trial 4.0.482 with http://sunbelt-software.com/support/vc/VClean.exe as suggested by Nick in other thread. Unfortunately, after reboot Vipre is still there, even clean tool said that is uninstalled. If I try from add/remove program, it says 'drivers could not be installed! ?? 'Rolling back action / wizard interrupted before Vipre AP could be completely installed' o_O As a matter of fact I have used cleaner 10 days ago, and have been sure that Vipre was unistalled, until today when I saw it under programs!! ?? Can someone please tell me how this can be removed under W7 proo_O

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

that's the av removal tool. the "premium" one is: http://sunbelt-software.com/support/vc/VPPClean.exe

referenced in their support forum and here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1825601&postcount=52

3. mind72

mind72 Registered Member

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. flaubert71

flaubert71 Registered Member

I suggest,before uninstall,to stop protection and exit Vipre by tray-icon.Now Uninstall Vipre.

5. mind72

mind72 Registered Member

@flaubert71: There is no icon or protection running. Also, no Vipre as one of the programs listed in Start/All programs folder :doubt:

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have you tried reinstalling it then uninstalling it again? Sometimes that can fix any corruption in the uninstaller.

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Maybe try going into safemode and running the uninstaller...o_O

8. mind72

mind72 Registered Member

Have just tried VPPClean.exe in safe mode, still there o_O o_O

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

How long have you had Vipre installed? If you have restore points prior to the install you could try going back to one of those dates.

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

stapp provided a good suggestion, and I didn't see a reply from you... he asked if you tried reinstalling it then uninstalling it again?

11. m0unds

m0unds Guest

^^ this will likely correct it. what you're seeing now is probably the regular AV uninstaller failing to remove the firewall drivers and processes. reinstalling, booting to safe mode and running vppclean would likely be your best bet.

12. mind72

mind72 Registered Member

Yes problem solved now, as suggested by support. It seems it has been there because use of older cleaning tool which removed drivers, without removing whole software. After that, AV uninstaller didn't been able to remove it from control panel (add/remove). Thanks all!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.