Vipre AV 67% off 2 Days Only

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DaynNight, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaynNight

DaynNight Registered Member

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Surprised that this is getting no attention compared to the 50% off deal.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Maybe everyone is getting tapped out.

4. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Probably because everyone's already got Vipre lol. Its better to go with this deal over the one occurring during May though. Vipre's firewall is annoying so the AV by itself might be awesome to try out.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Can you explain what you mean by annoying please, Im trying it now and Im having troubles with my internet dropping out since I installed it, Iam in contact with thier support dept and at the moment they have no answers.
    Thanks

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I agree, the 50% deal good through the end of May pretty much satisfied everyone's Vipre hunger around the land of Wilder-beasts...:eek: :D

7. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

nessy90....this has been a issue for sometime now. In there forums it talks about this issue....:D

8. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Vipre is incompatible with some modem drivers and sometimes Active Protection (AP) causes stupid problems like network slow downs and huge spikes in CPU usage. That being said the AV module in Vipre is pretty good and its very light on CPU usage even during scans. The AP module needs some work on compatibility with other products such as allowing exceptions for new installations so that computer resources don't immediately go hay-wire once a new program is used.

I ditched it for Kaspersky IS because it seemed to be causing some memory issues once I installed Mamutu (computer kept on slowing down whenever any programs were run, assumed it was an incompatibility with AP again).

If you post on their forums they'll usually answer pretty fast. Here is a link to it if you haven't tried there yet:

http://supportforums.sunbeltsoftware.com/

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  9. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Thanks to everyone who responded, Ive been in contact with their tech support whom I might say are prompt and knowledgeable not to mention helpfull, it seems Vipre doesnt like any other security program running along side it, SAS according to their tech support maybe a problem, does anyone here run Vipre Premium alonside another security program on Win7 x86.
    At the moment Im running itby itself on a clean install of windows and have done for a day and no problems.

Thanks Nessy

10. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I have sas,malwarebyles but on demand only. With Vipre I use it only or pc acts up, so I know what your talking about. I still use defensewall.

11. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

One of the best thing Vipre offers is their tech support :cool:
    I got some problems with SAS 5.0 with reltime protection enabled, tho i saw it with increased I/O activity that slowed my comp considerably. When i disabled sas protection, scheduled scanning and automatic updates the problem went away. Not using Win7 x86, but x64 :)
    Im running Vipre Premium with it's FW disabled. Have Outpost FW Pro, Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 (virus guard enabled), winpatrol pro, avast! free (on-semand, no shields installed), mbam pro realtime. My performance problems were because of SAS, when i disabled it evrything is well :D
    (sry for grammar errors :argh: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.