Vipre antivirus antispyware question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawkeen, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

Why are there no tests for this program yet?? The common sense reason jumps to mind but I have searched and have not found anything about it yet? It is my understanding that the inspector is working for them thus his reputation is very good but the programs??!?!?!

Thoughts please?

Hawk

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I believe testers need the vendors permission to test. Perhaps The Inspector doesn't think it's ready for that yet.

3. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

There will be soon version 3.2 out and yes, we will participate in tests soon.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

:D sounds sweet, even if tests arent 100% accurate, theyre always fun to read.

5. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Just removed the software after a 15 day trial.
    It was the lightest combo I've trialled with EQSecure and the scanning was exactly as the writeup said on Sunbelt's website. No loss of performance when scanning and didn't hog resources all all.

I was a bit disappointed to find that no-one had tested it which kinda makes it a 'chocolate fireguard' like Comodo's AV.
    Anyone can shout from the hills that their offering is the best thing since sliced bread but until someone else sings from the same hymn book it's all nonsense.

Once Vipre gets the backing from Virus Bulletin and/or AV-Comparatives I for one will purchase the package.
    Until then I will stick to my 6 month free trial of Avira.

:)

6. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

deleted

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.