View profile?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

This is really dumb I guess, but I can't see how to view my profile easily. If I click on user CP that won't take me there. Where do I click other than on my avatar in a thread? I wanted to see my list of posts.

2. dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950 Registered Member

Mele
    I just clicked on your name and got a screen with links to sort by posts and by threads you started.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Not quite what Mele was asking, rather than having to locate a thread to see your own profile, Mele was looking for a link at the top of the page or within User CP. It appears there is no simple way other than what I have described...

Cheers :D

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, a My Posts or My Profile link would be handy. I'll see what I can do about adding one somewhere.

Our old board, YaBB SE had the same problem. The "profile" button on the top of every screen was a link to the profile edit screen not the view profile screen. So similar to here, you had to find your own member name some where on forum and click it in order to get to view your profile, and from there get to your posts and all. One trick is just using the Who's Online at the bottom of the main forum index, which of course has your clickable member name whenever you are logged in.

I'll probably put something on the User CP page.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ahhh, that would be very nice and handy if you would put a link on the User CP page or could you just put it at top of the page as usually I have no need to see my User CP page as I don't want to edit anything.

I hadn't even thought about clicking on my Who's Online clickable name. I never scroll that far down a page here unless I really need to know if a particular person is currently online. So, I'd like to see a more easily accessible method at the top of the page or in the User CP (although I am not sure that would be any easier than going to the very bottom of the page and clicking on my name unless I needed to get into User CP for some other reason also). When I post in forums that I don't post in frequently, I forget sometimes which thread I posted in and I don't like using favorites followed so the easiest thing for me is when I first come here on a particular day to check my posts list if I can't recall what threads I posted in outside the NOD32 forum.

6. LowWaterMark

How about this. Up at the top-right of every forum page where it says: Welcome, so-and-so.

I just made that username clickable and it links directly to the logged in user's own profile screen.

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Oh that's really nice, LWM! I just tried it. :D

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Very nice LWM, well done :D

Cheers :D

9. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Bingo, LWM, nice touch -- since the name's been there all along, why not use it? :)

While this might not sound like a compliment, hopefully you'll take it as one since I take pride in this "personality flaw" myself. A lot of personnel people are actually looking to hire "lazy" people -- as opposed to out-and-out deadbeats -- because the vast majority of so-called lazy people are usually quite industrious in finding ways to make tasks easier. And when they're successful, everyone benefits from the result.

10. LowWaterMark

Actually Mike, I understand that thought completely. ;)

Besides, I like having the link to my own profile readily available on every page here the same as some others have commented, so I'm glad the suggestion was made. (Yes, when I saw the conveniently located member name up there already, I just had to figure out how to make it a link to the profile, and bingo...).

11. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Mahalo! That is VERY nice! I just used it and went right to thread to edit a post to add new information. It was so easy and quick doing like this. I really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.