VET

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by I who know nothing, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How good or bad is VET antivirus? Since Im in Australia I thought I should support the local product but they dont even offer a trial download and the purchase price is comparitively expensive at $A84 compared to KAV 5 $A54 which I bought but dont use much. I currently use AntiVir on access and Bit Defender free on demand.

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hello
    Vet antivirus is probaly the strongest of thetwo engines supplied with EAV antivirus, its a consistantly high performer, although not on the scale of Kav it is still pretty good and you could do a whole lot worse than to have the vet engine protect you.

Others will flesh out my reply as I have limited time.

Kev
    :)

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

NOD32 is also an Aussie product, I think. Plus it's less expensive, has a far better record in tests, offers a free trial, and has an excellent, friendly support forum.

BUT -- if you have a non-expired KAV license, & if KAV works okay on your computer, why switch before your license runs out? KAV is certainly one of the very best AV's right now.

4. RAV

RAV Registered Member

5. Yes I knew that EZ AV used the VET engine as does the Zone Alarm security suite but its performance on various tests whilst normal for ITW seemed somewhat less than other AV's when it came to other indicators. I was more interested in the performance of VET as a stand alone as there is sometimes a difference in the performance of the KAV stand alone compared to AV's which use the KAV engine.

6. Piper

Piper Registered Member

I thought NOD32 was Slovic.

7. hbkh

hbkh Registered Member

Agreed. Eset was founded in Bratislava, SK. But is now headquartered in San Diego, CA, USA, from what I recall. :)

8. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Instead of answering the question , I am going to do something different . I am going to ASK a question . Hope it is ok .? Anyway , if you use KAV and BF , WHY would you even think about changing ? And especially for the prices you are comparing . Supporting locals is one thing but , the protection for you should come first . Both are good products but , Having KAV and BF and want to switch is unfathomable to me . Good luck though . I do hope you find what you are looking for . This reply was mostly just my opinion but , I could not help but ask . Please accept my apology if I stepped out of line . Meant no harm . Actually I am trying to help . Take care

9. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

If it makes any difference, NOD32 is Slovakian.

10. I have been quite happy with AntiVir and no stupid downloads from P2P for a long time with no infection. My interest in trying other AV's proggies is mainly academic and not out of necessity.

11. I just bought VET for the very low price of $A24. Apart from the VB tests which Ive read I would be interested in links to any other recent tests on VET. Anyone know why AV comparitives doesnt test VET?

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. I dont like the VET interface but the scanning speed was very fast similar to EZ Antivirus not surprising since they use same engine and slightly faster than AntiVir, resource usage is also low on a par with EZ and AntiVir on my slow pc. For set and forget average users like myself EZ Antivirus is definitely the better choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.