VERY VERY VERY frustrated trying to find 2 windows updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I need to find Q323507 which is a windows update that makes firewire CD and DVD drives work properly in windows XP

Q329112 which has to do with reading multiborder DVDs would be nice to have also.

cannot find them anywhere!

there must be a way to find them, but 3 hours later i have not found them!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

-HandsOff

2. dog

dog Guest

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

323507 seems to only be available in the sp2 service pack install see microsoft article here

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

This problem was first corrected in Windows XP Service Pack 1.

5. HandsOff

You are all three correct.

The problem is that I still have no download. I was able to resolve my problem eventually. It can sometimes be a challenge getting a cd or dvd drive to work right. I did a coulple of things that i thought should have made no difference, and now I am up and running!

first I installed that Hi-mat update that is vague even by microsoft standards. Then I installed adaptecs new Aspi...the one that is hailed as being xp compatible. suprised that worked because my problem was with Nero software not running, and Nero's aspi was installed and functioning properly according to two different diagnostic progs.

I still amazed how it can be impossible to get a download that in the past was available. Now i feel utterly foolish for ever using auto update. Had I done it the smart way, i would still have access to all the updates I have found beneficial. Wilder's warned me, but I turned a deaf ear. Woe is me!

- HandsOff

P.S. - I always try to let you guys know what worked, because curiosity can be a killer. On the other hand, do I appear strange to be answering my own questionso_O

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

7. HandsOff

I never heard of this site before this morning when I did a search on a CLSID for something entirely unrelated. I though "Why have I never heard of this site?"

Then I forgot it. I guess that's why I never heard of them.

Thanks, it is excellent!

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.