Very Strange TI 8 Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by n8chavez, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I seem to be having a very strange issue with TI 8. This issue has only started happened recently; in the last three weeks or so. Lately TI seems to be taking a lot of time when validation the partition (or drive) and restoring an image. When validating TI takes about fifteen minutes and to restore it takes three hours or more. These operation usually take 30 sec and six minutes respectively. The CD image of TI does the same with with images created recently but not with images creates before the three + weeks. I have reinstalled and still have the same issues. I did have a harddrive crash and now have switched to another physical drive. Any ideas?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Do you have the last build, 937, of version 8? And how did you transfer your programs and OS to the new drive, was it using a TI image? Does it seem as though the longer times coincided with the use of the new drive?

3. n8chavez

Thanks you very much Chutsman for your reply. No, I do not have the most recent version; I am using build 903. Every where look to get 937, I am presented with TI 9. I transfered everything to the new drive via TI image and yes, it does seem that the longer image times are occurring with the new drive. I have an image that was created with the old drive (custom boot cd w/ image) and these issues are not happening there. It's only an issue when I try to restore an image of the new drive (to the new drive).\

Thanks

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, what are the specs on the new drive? Is it the same rotation speed, buffer size, ATA setting, etc?

If it isn't a brand new drive, did you do a full error check on it looking for bad sectors?

Do you mean that you can restore an old image (made of the old drive) to the new drive much faster than you can restore a new image (made of the new drive) to the same drive? Are the images the same size?

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

FWIW, have a look at the XP Event Viewer logs after doing a validate from within Windows. I had a bad drive cable once which caused lengthened times; there were some entries in the sysem log. May not help, but easy to check.

I would also run chkdsk X: /r on all the partitions. X represents the drive letter for the partition being tested. Reboot necessary for C.

6. n8chavez

I have updates to the newest version of TI 8, checked the disk for errors using chkdsk /r and check the event log. I am still having this same issue, even with an image I just created. This is a real serious problem for me. Maybe TI support can chime in.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello n8chavez,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

I. If the problem appears when you restore the image of the "new" hard drive using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 from under Windows then, first of all, please check each partition of all your hard drives by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drives and updating the drivers then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

II. If the problem appears when you restore the image of the "new" hard drive using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using Full version of Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (also known as 'F11' feature), then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Whatever the case, please also provide us with the following information:

- What is the exact size of the "old" hard drive image?

- How much time does it take exactly to restore this image using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0?

- What is the exact size of the "new" hard drive image?

- How much time does it take exactly to restore this image using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0?

- Where do you store these images?

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, create new Bootable Rescue CD, create new image of your "new" hard drive, try restoring this image and inform us about the result.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.