very slow validation process

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sebastienp, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastienp

sebastienp Registered Member

Hi there,

I use Acronis True Image for Windows server version 9.1 (build3694) on a DELL PE700 (P4 2,8GHz, 1Go RAM, Travan tape backup system and Windows 2003 server). I do full backup job every days.

Backup job is OK, but the issue is with the validation process, which takes close to 24 hours or more !!!

I read several posts on "slow issues" topics, but none of them apply to my specific issue.

Any ideas to shorten the validation process ?

Regards,

SP

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you just validate a tape backup separately from the backup process, does it still take 24 hours?

Tape is a difficult media since it has to be accessed sequentially. Travan tapes are also nortorious for errors.

How much data are you backing up? Is there any possibility you could change your backup media to DVD or an external hard drive?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sebastienp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.
    Please also collect the exact vendor and model names of your tape device.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.