Very slow restore from LACIE drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ajwilcox, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajwilcox

ajwilcox Registered Member

Currently restoring a two 40gb partitions from LACIE USB drive to HP TC44000 with new 160Gb SATA drive. True Image Home 10 says this will take 1 day and 11 hours!

Have tried once overnight and woke up to find 25 minutes left but it took 30 minutes to go down to 24 minutes so cancelled.

What could be wrong?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you have the external connected to a front USB port try using a rear port.

3. ajwilcox

I did this morning before posting here but it did not improve things. I recollect something odd like that working before.

I will give it another go this evening and try changing the quiet acpi=off noapic setting on boot.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Andrew,

I take it that you are restoring those partitions via the bootable rescue CD (Full version)? In which case, TI is operating in a Linux environment and I guess its Linux device drivers are not fully compatible with your USB sub-system. Therefore it's highly likely that TI has fallen back to transfering data at USB 1.1 Full-Speed (1.5 MB/sec) rather than USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (60 MB/sec).

Make sure you are using the latest build of your version of TI. If not then download and install the latest build, create a new bootable rescue CD and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Menorcaman

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  5. ajwilcox

Memorcam

I am using the latest build and I believe your diagnosis about USB is valid.

Changing F11 setting to "quiet acpi=off noapic" resulted in no drives visible to restore from neither the CD it had just booted from nor the LACIE.

However 10 hours after starting the restore I have just got the message "The data was successfully restored". Let's see if the incremental backup works any faster from Vista.

Vista is alive and welcoming me.
    Desktop has appeared

And the incremental backup has been restored already.

So I guess I need to get the sysino.txt file to Acronis for them to do something about the drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.