Very SLOW imaging from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bryan Reid, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan Reid

Bryan Reid Registered Member

I have True Image 8. When I am trying to restore from a USB 2.0 hard drive, it literally takes about five hours! It is about 29GB of data, so that might take a bit of time. But five hours is ridiculous. I have tried it with another laptop, and, with the same hard drive and image, it would take maybe forty minutes or so. The issue is that this laptop is fairly new. I have to do the acpi=off noapic startup to get it to recognize my USB hard drive, and I still do not get network access. The laptop is a Fujitsu A3040. The chipset is an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. It has a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port. Does anyone have experience with this type of system with TI9 and have it work faster?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Regarding the slow backup\recovery speed to\from your external USB 2.0 hard drive, please do the following:

- If your external USB 2.0 hard drive is connected to the computer through a HUB, please try connecting it directly;

- If it is connected directly, please try using a different USB port.

If the above does not help, please submit a request for technical support containing the information requested in this previous post of mine.

As for the problem with accessing the network, first follow the instructions provided in this Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ Article.

If that does not help, please do the following:

- Boot the computer having the issue from the Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters, i.e. SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT, or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive (the same applies to the net.txt file).

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.